In 1992, Larry Garton formed Garton’s Auction Service and conducted his first consignment auction in Makinak Manitoba. Since that first auction, he and his company have been serving hundreds of retiring farmers, business, estates & household residents with consistently high quality service and professional advice and knowledge. Throughout the years there have been many changes but our goal of treating all customers with respect and honesty has remained consistent.
We don’t give away free hats . . .
What we give is much more valuable!
We want to realize the best return for you. Here are a few ways we may differ from some larger companies but find that the net result is money in your wallet.
- Where possible and practical, we sell individual items instead of selling a pallet full at a time.
- Your larger value items and equipment will sell in prime time of the sale to avoid losing interested bidders who can’t wait all day.
Some companies sell your tractor as fast as your crescent wrenches. We take the time to realize the highest dollars possible for your equipment.
- Advertising is expensive! Your auction advertising dollars will be put to use where they will be most effective for your auction. We will advertise as little or as much as is required to benefit your auction.
- Major newspaper & flyer advertising including our mailing lists are put where they will attract the most likely buyers.
- Low cost, high coverage internet advertising through our own site www.gartonsauction.com, as well as social media sites and larger auction websites such as farmauctionguide.
- Availability for buyers to use our absentee bidding services which don’t depend on day of sale internet reliability especially in remote areas.
- We do not charge buyer’s premiums which discourage buyers with another “tax” on their purchases
Credit card & INTERAC accepted to increase buyer purchasing power.
- We have the experienced auctioneers, ringmen, & handlers to keep your auction flowing fast and efficiently. Single ring, Double ring or more.
- Whether your auction will net $10,000, or $1million, we have the experience and qualifications to achieve top results for your sale. Your auction is extremely important to us regardless of the size or the colour of your equipment.
- We will tailor services to meet your requirements. Presale road signs, people movers, porta potties, parking attendants, setup assistance, Prelotting, Onscreen selling in tight locations, Multi day auctions, lunch services, and other specific requirements for your individual needs can be arranged.
- Your bottom line and satisfaction with our service is our goal!
WHAT WE DO!
FARM AND RANCH AUCTIONS
Farm Retirement Auctions
On farm cattle auctions – complete dispersals, reductions, bred cows, Cow-calf pairs
Combined Auctions, Restructuring, Reduction and liquidation of unused assets
Business closure dispersal
Liquidation of dead / old stock
Moving / Downsizing
Combined / Consignments
ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES AUCTIONS
MUNICIPAL TAX AUCTIONS
PROPERTY EVALUATIONS – DIVORCE SETTLEMENT/PROPERTY DIVISION
We are not certified appraisers but can give evaluations based on our knowledge and experience.
If you are thinking about having an auction we are more than happy to meet with you, evaluate your auction and develop a plan that suits your particular situation. Our objective is to maximize profitability of your auction with a best benefit for cost approach to our marketing of your sale.
LICENSED, BONDED & INSURED